Saturday, 6 August 2011

Rivendell Rainbow

















At the end of term, I felt the urge to spin rather knit. It seemed to take less concentration
. This roving was bought from babylonglegs - 100g of Falkland roving which was spun into yarn with appropximately a DK weight with 299 metres.

Although the meterage is limited, I wanted to make a shawlette. The yarn is self-striping. Although I love the Citron Shawl, I didn't want to run out of yarn, so I've adapted idea behind the pattern and am designing my own.

Knitting this shawl began with a beaded cast-on and ruffled edge, the rest of trial and error. For some reason the pics won't appear in the order of posting but I'll let them speak for themselves.


















2 comments:

Guzzisue said...

looks like I have the same colour way from babylonglegs, spun but not yet knitted :-)

litlemouse said...

I think the name of my colourway is wrong. I have a feeling that it's called Still Water not Rivendell. What are you going to do with yours?